I’m just back from Solidays, one of the biggest music festival against AIDS in France. For the 1st time, we’ve really experienced the power of “real life” climax for Social Media activation:
- an iPhone api was developed to give attendees full details on concerts, interviews, access to blogs and to make them connect online Solidays spaces
- people were reacting, commenting what they were experiencing on Twitter: hashtags become a way to text the whole planet what you’re feeling
- they were looking for videos of the concerts on YouTube or Dailymotion
- associations were taking people emails in order to keep in touch after Solidays
- other publics had the chance to get some contents from the event: a way for attendees to share with other people the event. A way to give a second-life to the event
Events are Social Media amplifiers. Events are probably the most natural space for … online conversations.