When it comes to Social Media, there’s most of the time this dramatic notion of Return On Investment which immediately appears.
It’s a conceptual mistake.
We’d better think in terms of “single on investment”:
- what is at stake is the preparation of the organisation to welcome, understand and manage social web within its diverse functions. Like in a journey, a brand or a person should prepare its bags, pack-age, understand the diverse milestones which are to come
- when you fly to a new country, you need to get some change in the local currency. For instance, if you’re an American brand, you’d better get euros soon ;). You’ll also check what are the rates, what are the prices for daily goods or services
- you’ll also try to find “friends” or local contacts, which will help you enter more deeply in a new culture
- you’ll get some insights about local habits
- you’ll probably get some vaccines!
Then, only then, you start your journey. And can think of the Return.
What do you think?