Citizens! I confess, this is a scandalous adaptation of David Ogilvy’s famous quote “consumer is not a moron. it’s your wife”.
How come it’d even be true in Social Media? Few arguments:
- consistency: as a brand you need consistency & reliance
- authenticity: you’d better not hide nor change too much, otherwise you can lose your wife
- originality: you don’t even have to be the same, you also have to sometimes be the best. Best restaurant, best experience, best idea. To make your couple fly again
- balance: you cannot impose your vision only. You need to take in consideration your wife’s toughts & expectations
As you see, this ideal picture seems a bit odd in our liquid world:
- more and more divorce
- more and more unstable path
Would it mean that love marketing is already has-been in Social Media?
I’d basically answer yes. Because as in life in general, there are not only couples & weddings. There’s passion, two-time affairs, implicit deals etc. It’s time for Social Media marketers to move on. Moreoever if they want their strategies to be closer to real life consumers.